SocialMarketPlace.co.za offers convenient methods of delivery:
- Courier: This is a door-to-door service. Once the order reaches us, we scan and package the item/s. From there it will be on its way to the address provided. Details on tracking and timing will be included in your delivery notification e-mail.
- Speedservice: This is a service offered by the post-office. Once the order reaches us, we scan and package the item/s. From there it is sent to your nearest post office. Details on tracking & timing will be included in your delivery notification e-mail.
- Collect from sellers physical shop. Collection hours: Weekdays 09:00 – 17:00 (excluding weekends and public holidays).
|Service||Main Centers||Regional Areas||Free Delivery Threshold|
|Courier Door to Door (1 to 3 days)||Free||Varies*||Free|
|Courier Door to Door (Overnight)||R39||Varies*||Free|
|Overnight PO Counter up to 1kg||R59*||R59*||Free|
- Delivery to major metropoles is free.
- Deliveries to regional areas outside of the major metropoles costs R89.
- Deliveries to farms, mines, and outlying areas attract an additional surcharge of R100.
- Delivery to physical addresses only. If a P.O Box or Private Bag address is provided, we will amend the shipping and send your item to you via the post office.
*SpeedServices/Post Office notes:
- If the order is less than R1000 and less than 10 items or weighs less than 1.5kg, it can also be delivered to your nearest post office using Speedservices at a delivery fee of R59.
- If the order is more than R1000, or weighs more than 1.5kg, or contains fragile items like electronics, then we will opt to send the parcel via courier instead. In such instances, we will contact you to make alternate arrangements. This may attract additional delivery costs.
- Deliveries of certain fragile or large Electronics items or orders over R1000 will only be done by courier and you will not be able to checkout with them using a PO Box address. Should it be discovered that an item in your order is too large for SpeedServices delivery, we will contact you to make alternate arrangements. Note that this may attract an extra Courier delivery fee.
- We ship to internationally via post office counter to counter. The rates are available when you add an item to cart and check calculate the shipping fee by using the shipping calculator during checkout.
If an item is missing from your shipment:
- Contact us either by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the delivery having taken place. Please have your Order Number ready.
Tracking your order online:
- Once we’ve received your order, we’ll send you an e-mail with tracking details. If in doubt, contact us.
- Shipment takes place within 48 hours of payment being received, however we normally ship on the same day or the next day after receiving payment. The countdown in terms of the shipping period begins once your payment has been authorised. For credit cards this means that once the bank gives us an authorisation code. For cash deposits and Internet transfers this means once the funds reflect in our bank account.
- Working days are defined as Mondays to Fridays, excluding Public Holidays